Monday, November 20, 2023

Christmas Seals All the Joy release

I hope you have been enjoying the new Simon Says Stamp All the Joy release. I have another fun project to share from this release with you. I will be using the new Snowflake Circles to make fun Christmas seals for you holiday cards! 
First I made a set of Christmas cards using the emboss resists method. If you are not familiar with this technique I will try to explain. First I stamped the snowflakes using white pigment ink. Then I sprinkled white embossing powder over the stamped image and then tapped off the powder that did not stick to the pigment ink and poured it back into the container. 
Using a heat tool, I heat set the powder that stuck to the pigment ink until it becomes solid and shiny. It will cool in seconds and then you can add distress ink over the top using a blending tool. The embossed areas with resist the ink. I like to take a dry paper towel and run it over the top of the embossed images to wipe away any ink sitting on top. I hope that helps explain it a bit!
Making the Christmas seals was super easy! I just stamped one of the snowflake images from the Snowflake Circles stamp set and stamped it using white pigment ink and then added white embossing powder. I used a heat tool to set the powder. I then used the circle die that coordinates with this stamp set to die cut it out. I did this several times out of different colored cardstock. I then ran the circles through a Xyron Sticker maker which adds adhesive to the backs of the circles turning them into a sticker! I have a video over on my Instagram page showing step by step how I made these.

I hope you have enjoyed the project I created and got some holiday inspiration. I have listed all the supplies that I have used for your convenience. Thank you so much for stopping by! Happy crafting!!

Supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment