Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Whimsy Stamps Thanks/Thanksgiving

Hi all and welcome to another week of the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

This week's challenge theme is Thanks/Thanksgiving

We are featuring products from Whimsy Stamps. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some we would love to see what you make! As always just for entering you will be eligible for the the drawing of a $25 voucher to the Simon store!
How about a nice fall themed card. Let's take a little break from holiday card making to appreciate the gorgeous colors of fall! It's definitely feeling like fall weather here where I live. We even had a bit of snow so I thought it would be fun to use the Whimsy Stamps Sweater embossing folder. Perfect, right!
I saw an add on Pinterest and got inspiration for the color palette for my leaves.
I made this card using an A2 size card base cut from smooth white cardstock. I then took the Sweater embossing folder and ran it through the embossing machine using more white cardstock.
I die cut the Buckeye Leaf die out three times from watercolor paper. I used a drop of distress ink from the reinkers into a pallet plate. Using a spray bottle or dropper I added a bit of water to each color. I then sprayed each leaf die to make it easier for the colors to blend. I then added each ink color to the leaf in a line type pattern. I have a video on Instagram showing this coloring process.
After the leaves were dry, I splattered them with some metallic watercolors in fall colors. Gold, red, and bronze. After the leaves were completely dry I adhered them with 3d foam squares to the embossed panel leaving room in the bottom left hand corner for the sentiment. I stamped the sentiment using the Thankful and Grateful stamp set onto white cardstock. 
I then heat embossed the sentiment using gold embossing powder. I used the coordinating die to cut and used more foam squares to pop the sentiment and the sub-sentiment up.
I hope you have enjoyed the project I have made and got some inspiration. I have listed and linked all the products I used for your convenience. Thank you so much for stopping by!!

Supplies:
Now it's your turn! Happy crafting!

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too.






You have until Wed  8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in

 



No comments:

Post a Comment