Thursday, August 31, 2023

Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember release day

It's here! The best time of the year for card makers or any kind of makers! It's STAMPtember!! Yay!! Ok yes I'm a little excited. This month is going to be really fun and there is a brand new release to kick it off! Click HERE to see the entire release.
The project I have made for this first day of STAMPtember is a fun Summer card using the Plentiful Poppies embossing folder, the Billow Butterfly die and the sentiment is from the CZ Sassy Friends stamp set
I made this card using an A2 size card base made from smooth white cardstock. It might be easier if I just break down the steps on how I made this card:
Poppies:
Inked up the inside of the Plentiful Poppies embossing folder that is flat with yellow ink and brayer.
Added a trimmed down piece of white cardstock to the embossing folder and ran through the machine.
Using copic markers I colored in all the RAISED areas that were left white, flowers and stems.
Using a ink blender tool I distress the sides of the colored panel with a darker yellow and added some ink splatters for some interest.
I adhered the inked and colored poppy panel to the card base.

Butterfly:
I used the Billow Butterfly die to cut out of white cardstock the body and outline of the wings.
I cut the butterfly out a second time out of vellum
I stamped a small dot pattern on the butterfly wings using embossing ink and white embossing powder. 
I colored the back of the vellum wings with a copic marker in blue.
Using liquid glue and added all the butterfly elements together and adhered it to the card.

Sentiment:
I stamped the Best Friends sentiment on vellum using clear embossing ink and heat set it with white embossing powder.
I then used the coordinating die to cut out the sentiment and adhere it to the card with foam strips.
Using the same stamp set I stamped the sub-sentiment with coordinating ink and cut it out using a sentiment strip die.

I hope this makes it bit easier to explain how to make a card in steps. Thank you so much for stopping by! I have listed and linked all the supplies below for your convenience. Happy STAMPtember!!

Supplies:





No comments:

Post a Comment