Friday, August 25, 2023

Plaid Birthday Hugs card

So if you have been following my cardmaking you know that I am just in love with making a fun plaid background. It had been a while so I decided to make bright and colorful plaid background. 
This is a very simple card and anyone can make it! Hope it gives you some inspiration to try your hand at making your own plaid pattern backgrounds. They are so fun, I promise!! 
To make the plaid background I trimmed down a piece of white cardstock to fit an A2 size card base leaving a white border to make the pattern pop! It's super simple, I just use post it tape to mask off the strips and then using distress oxide ink I just blend each strip at a time. I don't use that much post it tape. Just 4 strips to be exact. I will list the colors that used below.
I then die cut the Posy outline flower die three times and glued them together for thickness. I chose this outline flower to let the background be the star of this card. I then used the Thin Frames die to frame the flowers also cutting it out 3 times for thickness and then adhered it all to the center of the card.
For the sentiment I just pulled out some reverse pre-printed sentiment birthday cards but instead of cutting a strip I used a circle die to cut out the sentiment. I love the circle contrast to all the straight lines. I added a few sequins for a bit of sparkle.

I have listed and linked all the supplies I have used for your convenience. Thank you so much for stopping by!

Supplies:

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely your bright and colorful plaid! I, too, love to make my own plaids! The simple white outline flower and thin frame are perfect and help show off the wonderful BG! Sue N

    ReplyDelete