Monday, August 28, 2023

Darcy Bouquet card

One of my new favorite techniques is to color an embossing folder using copic markers. Depending on the embossing folder it can be a long project but it's color therapy for me, so I love it!!
Using the new Darcy Bouquet Embossing folder from the Just a Note release from Simon Says Stamp, I grabbed some of my favorite copic colors and went to town!
I first wanted to have a light neutral shade for a background to the raised images of the embossing folder. I used Pumice Stone oxide ink and a brayer to ink up the flat inside of the folder and then ran a piece of white cardstock through the die cut machine. 
It worked great! It looked so good that I was tempted to leave like that but I wanted to color so I began with each flower and colored them until all the raised images were colored.  I then die cut the CZ Scripty Hello die out of thick white cardstock and some champagne colored cardstock and glued it to the shadow cut from more white cardstock. I just added to the bottom right side of the card and called it a day!
I hope this inspires you to play around with these amazing embossing folders and create something fun and beautiful! I have listed and linked all the supplies below for your convenience. Thank you so much for stopping by!!

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment