Thursday, December 22, 2022

Entwined Hearts card

I didn't think it was possible to have a favorite embossing folder! Simon Says Stamp has so many gorgeous folders. But I do!! The Spun Glass embossing folder from the new Hugs release is so special and unique! I have made a fun card using this folder and a technique using 3 distress oxide inks to create 5 colors.
I began with an A2 size card base made from smooth white cardstock. I like to use Neenah Solar White smooth cardstock when ink blending with distress inks. I feel like it takes the color so well and is so easy to blend on. 
You could probably use any type of ink to create these colors but I like to use distress oxides in yellow, pink and blue. I start with a 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" size panel that I can trim down to leave a white border. I ink in thirds. First I blend the yellow and then the pink overlapping the yellow which will create orange. The last third I add blue overlapping the pink which will create purple. It's a great way to stretch your ink supplies! I then added a shimmery glaze over the whole panel. I set it aside to dry completely before I ran it through the embossing folder.
I then die cut the entwining hearts 3 times and layered them together with liquid adhesive for thickness. I stamped the sentiment using a sticky clear ink and embossed it on black cardstock using white embossing powder and trimmed it to a strip.

I made a short tutorial to show you how I made this shimmery background.
I hope you got inspired to create your own amazing background for almost any kind of card. I have provided a list and links to all the products I used to make this card. Thank you so much for stopping by!

Supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment