Thursday, October 13, 2022

Simon Says Stamp Cozy Hugs Instagram Hop

There is a fun and inspiring Instagram hop going on to celebrate the new Simon Says Stamp Cozy Hugs release. To join the hop just click HERE or on the Instagram button on the right and it will take you to my page. I am featuring a card made using products from the new release. 
I just want sweater weather!! Days are still to warm to throw on a cozy sweater. Well, at least I can make a cute cozy sweater card. The gorgeous texture of this new Autumn Knits 3d embossing folder is amazing.
If you leave a comment on my Instagram post for this card, you will be entered into a drawing to win a $25 gift voucher to the Simon store. 

I made this card using an A2 size card base from smooth white cardstock. I then cut another panel of white cardstock to leave a bit of a border. I then made a rectangle mask out of vellum using a rectangle die. Using removable adhesive I placed it over the center of the panel. I then chose some fall distress oxide inks and using a blender brush lightly applied ink to three sections. I wanted to add some interest to this background so I grabbed a swiss dots background stamp from my stash and ink it up with the same three shades of ink, just a bit darker. I then peeled off the mask to reveal a background to showcase my sweaters!
Next, I embossed the only the sweater area of the embossing folder using red, orange and yellow cardstock. Then using the coordinating die I cut out each sweater and ink blended lightly over the tops of the raised portions of the sweaters. I tried to use inks that were close the the same color of the sweater but a bit darker to show the amazing texture of the sweater. I then die cut the Large Scripty Big Hugs die three times for thickness and glued them together. Using the CZ Let it Snow stamp set I chose the sentiment that was perfect for this card and stamped it onto some black cardstock using embossing ink and embossing it using white embossing powder. I used a sentiment strip to cut it out and added it to the card.

I hope you liked the card I made today! I have listed and linked products I used for your convenience. Thank you for hopping by!!

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment