Friday, October 28, 2022

Glistening Snowflake Emboss and Cut Christmas card

I wanted to make a very traditional and sparkly Christmas card. If you haven't tried Simon's emboss and cut folders, you are missing out. I'm officially obsessed! Click HERE to see the Cozy Hugs release! I want  to share the technique of embossing using metallic cardstock. I just love the deep red background with the amazing dimension of the snowflakes from the the embossing folder.
I made this card using an A2 card base made from smooth white cardstock. I then cut a piece of metallic red cardstock down to a size that left a nice white border. I then ran it through my die cutting machine using the Glistening Snowflake Embossing folder and then die cut the snowflake from silver glitter cardstock and the border from white cardstock using the dies that come with the embossing folder.
I then layered the silver snowflake for extra dimension and adhered it to the white snowflake border. I added the metallic panel to the cardbase and the snowflake in the upper center of the card.
Using the Christmas Blessings die I cut it several times for dimension and added it under the snowflake. I then added a pre-printed sentiment strip. Last, but not least, I wanted some more sparkle so I pulled out some red jewels for final touches on the snowflake!
I hope you try using these emboss and cut folders! They are so amazing and easy!! I already have made 5 versions of this card! I made a short tutorial on how I put this card together👇

I have listed and linked all the products I have used below for your convenience. Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment