Tuesday, August 9, 2022

My Favorite Things Summertime Blues

Hi all and welcome to another week of the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

This week's challenge is  Summertime Blues!

We are showcasing My Favorite Things products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some we would love to see what you make! As always just for entering you will be eligible for the the drawing of a $25 voucher to the Simon store!
I absolutely fell in love with these stitched blooms when I saw them! I paired them with some soft water color shades for my summertime blues card.
So I have to confess that Summer is not my favorite time of the year. I loved Summer when I was younger but as I have grown older I have come to love Fall and even Winter as my favorite time of the year. I have moved to a state in the US that is very mountainous and lots of deserts too. So the summers here are very hot! I do not like hot! You might think I'm crazy but I prefer cool even cold. What can I say? I love to snuggle under heaps of warm blankets and sip hot cocoa. So the phrase Summertime Blues has a very different meaning to me!
I made an A2 size card base from smooth white cardstock. I then die cut a stitched rectangle panel from more white cardstock and ink blended it using some light gray ink. I then cut an even smaller stitched rectangle panel from watercolor paper and used a technique called ink smooshing. I know that sounds funny, but it is the best name for it. Pressing the ink pad onto a glass surface and spritzing it with water and then taking the watercolor paper and kissing or smooshing it into the ink leaves a nice soft blend of color. I let that dry. 
I then die cut all the stitched blooms that I wanted to use and ink blended them with coordinating ink. I layered the blooms using foam squares for some dimension and added them to the front of the watercolored panel. I added leaves and the miss you sentiment. I few white flat pearls to add some interest. 

I hope you enjoyed the card I made today and if you are interested in any of the products I used, they are listed and linked below for your convenience. All supplies can be found at the Simon Says Stamp store.

Supplies:

***If any product is out of stock, just click on the "Notify Me" button and you will receive an alert from Simon when that item is back in stock! 

Now it's you turn! Happy crafting!

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too.






You have until Wed  8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in

 















No comments:

Post a Comment