Thursday, March 31, 2022

Simon Says Stamp Hello Gorgeous Instagram Hop

 There is a super exciting Instagram hop going on! To check it out just click on the Instagram button on the right and it will take you to my page. Today I am featuring a card made using products from the new Simon Says Stamp Hello Gorgeous release. 

For my card today I used the amazing 6x8 Mom's Spring Flowers stamp set from the new release. I wanted to make another Mother's day card and this set is absolutly perferect for that.
I cut a panel out of water color paper to fit an A2 size top folding card base. I trimmed it just a little to leave a white border. I then stamped the large flower image from the stamp set using Versafine water mark ink which is great for embossing. I then sprinkled white embossing powder over the image and heat set it. I did this because I wanted to water color the image in a very loose and carefree way. Not "staying in the lines" kind of water coloring! The inks I used were the Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturataed inks. They are amazing to water color with. I took each ink pad and just "smooshed" it down onto my glass mat. I then picked up water with a paint brush and diluted the ink a little depending how dark I wanted to color my image. It was really fun just adding color where ever I wanted and not worrying abut shading or staying in the lines. I highly reccomend this technique if water coloring intimidates you like it does me!!

I then took the chunky Happy Mother's Day sentiment from the same stamp set and inked it up with a coordinated ink and embossed that with clear embossing powder. It heats up and dries clear to enhance the color of the ink under it. Gives it a little shine too! I added some ink splatters and some sequins to make this card pop.

I hope you get some inspiration from today's hop. Don't forget to comment on my Instagram post to win a $25 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store.

If you you are interested in any of the products I used to make this card, I have listed and linked them down below for your convenience.

Supplies:

1 comment: