Thursday, March 10, 2022

Simon Says Stamp Good Luck Charm Instagram Hop

 Good morning my lovelies! I am happy to participate in another fun Simon Says Stamp Instagram Hop. Hope you can can join along. Just head over to my Instagram page for all the details. We are featuring the Good Luck Charm release. You will get so see some amazing projects and hopefully get lots of inspiration!
The card I made for the hop was super fun to color. One of my favorite things to do is just sit down and color away! This beautiful dafodill background stamp was just pure color thereapy for me. I began to make this card with an A2 top folding card out of smooth white card stock. I then used a set of stitched rectangle dies to cut a panel a bit smaller than my card base out of smooth white card stock. I then stamped the dafodill background stamp using some very light dye ink. I wanted a no-line coloring look to my flowers. I then colored the flowers in using copic markers. I used Y17, YR14 and YR18 for the blooms and W1, W3 and W4 for the stems.

I wanted to add a bit of interest so I took the next size size down from the stitched rectangle dies and cut out another panel from the background I just colored. I was a little nervous about getting it right after all that coloring so I made sure to center it and used a piece of low tack tape to hold it in place while I ran it through my die cutting machine. I then added some foam adhesive to pop up the smaller panel and added it back to the card like a puzzle piece. For the sentiment I grabbed some vellum and stamped my sentiment using black pigment ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I then used the next size down from the same stitched rectangle set to cut that out. Using vellum is a great way to add a large sentiment without covering up all your hard work! I then added a few details to the flowers with a black finetip marker and some black flat pearls.

Well I hope this inspires you to sit down and color away! If you have any questions, just leave me a comment. All the supplies I used for this card can be found at the Simon Says Stamp Store and are listed and linked below for your conveneice. Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment