Thursday, February 3, 2022

Wedding Card with Embossing Folder technique

 How to make the background...

I love using embossing folders. They are amazing at adding beautiful texture to an otherwise plain piece of paper. I have used the Simon Says Stamp Exotic Vines embossing folder to create this wedding card. I started by taking some smooth white card stock and trimmed it down to fit an A2 size card base with just a bit of white border showing. Before I add my card stock in the folder I use an ink pad that is raised and in this case I used the Simon Says Stamp Lemonade ink pad. I then take the ink pad and swipe ink directly onto the "flat" side of the folder. This adds ink around the impressed part of the image. I then spritz the card stock with a very fine mist of water. This helps the paper form into the grooves of the embossing folder without cracking or tearing. This is especially helpful if you are using a 3d embossing folder with very deep grooves. I run it through my die cut machine and when I take out the paper I have a gorgeous image embossed into the paper with ink around the raised areas. For a little shimmer an elegance  I take a dry paintbrush and dip it into some Perfect Pearls iridescent powder and add it all over the front of the card stock. The ink is still slightly wet so the powder adheres nicely to it. It's hard to tell in the photo but the Perfect Pearls adds just a subtle shimmer to the yellow background. I think it's perfect for a special occasion card!


I hope you will give this technique a try! It yields very satifying results whith very little effort. The products I used to make this card are linked below and can be found at the Simon Says Stamp store.

Thank you for stopping by!!



2 comments:

  1. Barbara this is just so pretty in yellow!! So happy to see your new blog!!!
    :] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and I'll have to try this!! Love this creamy yellow!!

    ReplyDelete