Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Riley and Co. Let's Have Some Fun

Hi all and welcome to another week of the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

This week's challenge theme is Let's Have Some Fun!

We are featuring products from Riley and Co. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some we would love to see what you make! As always just for entering you will be eligible for the the drawing of a $25 voucher to the Simon store!


I'm having some fun creating a very textured birthday card for this challenge! This card will definetly need and A7 size envelope if you want to mail it to someone.
I am creating some beautiful butterflies that will be flying off the card. I also wanted these butterflies to have a stained glass look. Here is how I did it. I will have a reel posted on my Instagram page showing visually how I did it.
First I used an embossing folder and gold paint to create a lovely textured background panel for my A2 sized card base out of smooth white cardstock. I then stamped the sentiment in clear ink and embossed it using a gold embossing powder that I heat set for more gold accents.
Using a acetate that is heat resistant I stamped gold butterflies on it with clear ink and embossed them using a gold embossing powder. I then turned the acetate over and used alcohol inks to create a colorful "stained glass" look behind the butterfly images. 
I then fussy cut them out (or you could use the coordinating die to cut them out) and arranged them with glue dots on the card around the sentiment to create the illusion that the butterflies were flying off the card.

I hope you have some fun creating and got some inspiration from my project today. I have listed and linked all the products I used for your convenience. Thank you so much for stopping by!!

Supplies:
Now it's your turn! Happy crafting!

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too.






You have until Wed  8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in

8 comments:

  1. WOW your butterflies are absolutely stunning, a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous dear, thank you for the inspiration. Did you know you can create an edible butterfly with the same technique? (using ricepaper from the grocery-store to make egg rolls and edible paint? LOL) Just a fun edible version I wanted to share that would go AMazINg with this amazing birthday card and matching cake. haha.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Now to get some heat resistant acetate so I can try it

    ReplyDelete
  4. These butterflies are gorgeous and the shout of the bright spring colours is stunning. I would have to master Al inks first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is AWESOME!!! I'll have to try this sometime! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete