Thursday, August 25, 2022

Simon Says Stamp Let's Celebrate September Card Kit

So excited to make a card from the amazing Simon Says Stamp September card kit Let's Celebrate. Couldn't wait to get my hands on it.  Always, always need birthday cards! I also wanted to share a fun technique with the embossing folder in the kit. Lot's of birthday goodies in this kit.
The embossing folder technique I wanted to share is called "ink pressing". I'm sure there is a more technical term for this but this will do for now! I've been doing it for years. It's a fun technique that has so many possibilities for amazing results. 
I began with an A2 size card base made from smooth white cardstock. I then trimmed down another piece of white card to make a panel that would be a bit smaller than the card base. I really like to have a white border on most of my cards. I just think they look more finished and pleasing to my eye. I then took the embossing folder and inked up the FLAT side of the inside of the folder. The inside of the folder has "hills" and "valleys". This would be the valley side where the paper gets pressed into. That is where you would apply the ink. I used distress ink for this project, but it will work with any ink really.

I then took the panel and spritzed it with a mist of water to prevent tearing and added it to the folder. I then ran it through my die cut machine. I then added some gold paint detail to the embossed parts of the background. I then stamped the sentiment on heavy weight white cardstock using watermark ink and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder. I die cut it out using a circle die. I then die cut a 2nd circle out and adhere them together for a bit of thickness. I then ran more white cardstock through the die cut machine using the embossing folder but this time without the ink. I cut out some of the embossed flowers and added them around the sentiment using foam squares. That's it!! Super easy with beautiful results, my favorite kind of card.








No comments:

Post a Comment