Monday, August 1, 2022

Miss You card Simon Says Stamp Dream Big Release

Just a quick post for the new Simon Says Stamp Dream Big release! The florals in this release have been amazing! I especially loved the simple and adorable Fab Flower die. It is a 2 piece die. A solid flower and an outline of the flower.
I have used this die to make two cards with the same design. Just because it was so fun the first time! My colors were heavily inspired by the talented Laura Basson. If you don't know who she is, you are missing out! She has a wonderful eye for color combinations. 
I keep my cardstock scraps in ziplock bags and organized by color. I'm sure there is a more efficient system out there, but for now this works for me! So, I just raided those bags of scraps to find this warm toned color combination to die cut the flower 9 times. I then die cut the outline from white cardstock also 9 times. The 2nd photo I scaled it down a bit to fit on an A2 sized cardbase.
I created a little video so you can see the whole process of how I made the larger 5X5 card.
I made this square card by trimming down a piece of white cardstock to make a 5X5 cardbase. I then trimmed a piece of cream cardstock a bit smaller to leave a bit of a white border. After die cutting the solid and outline flowers, I just added a dab of glue to the center of the flower and then added the outline piece on top so the outline of the flower would look a bit dimensional. For a bit of shine I added gold flat pearls to the center of each flower. I arranged them in a circle on the cream panel and adhered them with a foam square. I then stamped the sentiment using a clear embossing ink on to a piece of white cardstock. I then heat set that with gold embossing powder and using a circle die, I cut out the sentiment and adhered it to the center of the wreath with more foam squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment