Sunday, June 12, 2022

Simon Says Stamp Sending Love card

My card today was inspired by all the beautiful blooms I see every morning when I take my dog on a walk. I just love this time of year when all the brown and gloom turns to vibrant colors and new growth. It always amazes me!
So I wanted to make a card to have on hand for someone that needs a bit of reminding that they are loved! I have made an Instagram reel to demonstrate how I made this card. It's under a minute so I'll go into more detail here. If you want to see that reel, just go visit my Instagram page @btarayao. There is also a link to my page if you click on the Instagram icon.
I began with an A2 size card base cut from white card stock. Then I trimmed down another piece of white card stock to make a panel that would leave a white border. I then used distress ink and a cloud stencil to make some light clouds for my background. I wanted something nutral to make a great backdrop for the colorful blooms. I then die cut flowers using a crocus die 7 times and colored them in all different colors using distress oxide inks and a sponge dauber. I then colored the stems and added the flowers to the cloud panel and with foam adhesive and trimmed down the stems to fit the panel. I then heat embossed the sentiment using silver embossing powder. Using a sentiment strip die, I cut out the sentiment and added to the base of the flowers.

I hope you enjoyed the card I made today and if you are interested in any of the products used, they are listed and linked below for your convenience. All supplies can be found at the Simon Says Stamp store.

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment