Thursday, June 2, 2022

Magical Colorburst Birthday Card

Hello crafty friends! I wanted to share a fun way to make a colorful background for cardmaking or whatever papercrafting project you are creating! It's a new medium to me. I call it magical powder because it has such an amazing affect when mixed with water!  
I am using Lindy's pigment powders. I discovered them while watching a Jennifer McGuire video. Leave it to Jennifer to play with something so amazing! I will find her turtorial and link it below. She makes some amazing backgrounds for cards.
I began with a piece of water color paper. I taped it to a glass surface to minimize warpage with all the water I would be using. Using a spray bottle, I spritz the surface of the paper to get it nice a slick. I then took a dry paintbrush and dipped it into the lightest color powder and tapped it onto the surface. It will literally burst with color when it hits the water so use just a little at a time!! I continued to do this with the next two powders I chose. You never know what you will get because of how rich the pigments are in the powders. I had so much fun just swatching each color! 
There are so many colors to choose from. They come in sets of 5 colors and there are quite a few sets to choose from. I will definetly be making more of these colorful backgrounds. I have a couple of new sets on their way! 

I wanted the background to be the star so I used white cardstock to die cut my Happy Birthday sentiment, flower and frame for my card. I trimmed down the watercolor panel to fit an A2 size card base leaving a bit of a white border for a frame. I just love the contrast of the white against the bold colors! 

I hope you enjoyed the card i made today and if you are interested in any of the products I used, they are listed and linked below for your convenience. All supplies can be found at the Simon Says Stamp store.

Supplies:

**If any item is out of stock, just click the "notify me" button and Simon will contact you when that item becomes available.

Link to Jennifer McGuire's Youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAYUXcB7Dzk&t=1498s

No comments:

Post a Comment