Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Tim Holtz Not a Card

Hi all and welcome to another week of the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

This week the challenge is to make something that is  Not a Card!

We are showcasing the amazing Tim Holtz products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some we would love to see what you make! As always just for entering you will be eligible for the the drawing of a $25 voucher to the Simon store!

I get so many requests this time a year for weddng cards. I thought it would be fun to make a tag to tie onto a wedding gift. 
All out of my Tim Holtz Tags so I improvised and made my own out of Tim Holtz water color card stock. Also, I am excited to use the new Happily Ever After stamp from the new YAY YOU release from Simon Says Stamp which launched today!! I will add a link at the bottom if you want to see the new full release.
Well let's dig into the details on how I made this wedding tag! I used some watercolor paper to make the tag. Using distress ink I blended, ink splatter and spritz with water. It was so fun to have no rules! Just smooshing and splattering with water until I liked what it looked like. I then die cut a stitched hole protector from white card stock and adhered that at the top of the tag and looped some natural twine and tied it into a bow. Using more watercolor paper I die cut an oval to fit my sentiment. I had some more fun fun ink splattering, smooshing and spraying with water in a pretty blue distress ink. When the oval was dry, I then stamped a text background to give it a romantic love letter feel. I then used gold embossing powder to heat embossed the Happily Ever After onto the oval and added it to the tag with some foam adhesive.  
Last but not least, I die cut some daisies and stems out of more water color paper. Using a paint brush and water I colored them with distress inks. I added some gold watercolor accents to pull it all together.

I hope you enjoyed my card today and if you are interested in any of the products I used to make this card they are listed and linked below for your convenience. All supplies can be found at the Simon Says Stamp store.

New Simon Says Stamp YAY YOU! release click HERE!

Supplies:

***If any product is out of stock just click on the "Notify Me" button and you will alert Simon to restock that product and then they will notify you!

Now it's you turn! Happy crafting!

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too.






You have until Wed  8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in

 







No comments:

Post a Comment