Thursday, May 19, 2022

Simon Says Stamp Yay You IG Hop

Hello crafty friends! Today I am part of a fun hop over at my Instagram page to celebrate the new Simon Says Stamp Yay You release.
To make this shiny gilded birthday card I used an A2 size card base made from smooth white card stock. I then cut down a panel of white card stock to leave a bit of a border. I then hot foiled the panel with a backgrouond hot foil plate using gold foil. I then took the butterfly and flower hot foil dies and ran them all through the die cut machine using gold foil. I colored the flower and butterflies using copic markers YG01, YR04, YG21, Y13, RV13, and RV14. I heat embossed the Happy Birthday sentiment in gold embossing powder on white card stock and trimmed it down to a strip. I die cut all the hot foil images out and added them to the front of the panel along with the sentiment strip. I then added flat gold pearls.

I have been learning to hot foil recently. I think it has such a beautiful effect on a card.
I have added some photos to show a bit of the process. I added the butterfly hot foil die on the hot plate.
I then added the gold foil shiny face down.
I then added the white card stock and added the plates and waited for it to heat up.
When the light indicated I took it off the hot foil machine and ran it through the die cut machine.
I peeled back the foil to reveal a beautiful gold outline the butterflies and flowers. I then die cut those butterflies and florals using the dies included with the butterfly and floral hot foil set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment