Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Doodlebug Layer it up!

 Hi all and welcome to another week of the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

This week the challenge theme is to Layer it Up!

We are showcasing Doodlebug products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some we would love to see what you make! As always just for entering you will be eligible for the the drawing of a $25 voucher to the Simon store!

I made two cards today featuring the Doodlebug Bake Me Happy Cookie stickers.

I have layered the cookie stickers with cardstock to give them a bit of stability.
Here are the cute Doodlebug Cookie stickers I used...
To make the Happy Birthday card I began with a top folding A2 size card base made from cream card stock. I then cut a panel 1/4 inch smaller than the card base out of smooth white card stock. I then stamped the flowers and leaves on the panel. On a seperate piece of white card stock I stamped the Happy Birthday in coordinating ink and heat embossed the sentiment using clear embossing powder for a little shine. I then fussy cut the sentiment out and popped it up using foam adhesive. I then layered the cookie sticker onto heavy white cardstock to give the stickers more stability and added them under the Happy Birthday sentiment.
To make the Thank You card I used the same cream card stock to make the card base. I then used smooth white card stock to create a panel smaller than the card base to leave a border. I then took the panel and ran it through the die cut machine using an older swiss dots embossing folder. I added the cookie stickers layered with heavy card stock in a row and die cut the words thank you out of a coordinating color card stock and adhered to the panel. I added glossy accents for shine on the thank you sentiment.

I hope you enjoyed my cards today and if you are interested in any of the products I used to make these cards, they are listed and linked below for your convenience. All supplies can be found at the Simon Says Stamp store.

Supplies:

***If any product is out of stock just click on the "Notify Me" button and you will alert Simon to restock that product and then they will notify you!

Now it's you turn! Happy crafting!

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too.






You have until Wed  8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in

 







No comments:

Post a Comment