Friday, March 4, 2022

Simon Says Stamp Here for You card

 Sometimes you just got to sit down and make a card! Well that's what I did. Life gets so busy and things get pushed to the side. Making cards is one of my coping mechanisms for my anxiety. I am in my happy place when I am creating a card. Playing with all the fun stuff in my craft room with my fluffy dog at my feet. I tell ya, nothing is more thereaputic for me! I made a card of encouragement and I hope that the recipent can feel the love that went into this little piece of me. That's what my cards are...just little pieces of me. A little piece of my creativity, my heart, my time and most of all my obsession!

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoy this card as much as I did making it! This card was inspired by the Simon Says Stamp Good Luck Charm release. Click HERE to see the wholte release!

I started with an A2 size card base made out of smooth white card stock. I then cut a panel out of the same card stock just a bit smaller to leave a bit of a border. I then took that panel and used a rectangle stencil to mask off a border. Using some of my favorite distress oxide inks I ink blended the stencil using a blender brush. I removed the stencil and let it dry for a bit. I then die cut four daisy flowers out of the same white card stock. I cut the centers of the daisys out of mat silver card stock. I also used that silver card stock to die cut the Here for You sentiment.

I love dimension on a card so after glueing the daisys together I arranged them in a reverse C formation and popped them up using some foam adhesive. I used the same foam adhesive to pop up the sentiment.

All the supplies I used can be found at the Simon Says Stamp store. I have listed and linked them for your convience below!


No comments:

Post a Comment