Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Whimsy Stamps Slimline Cards

 Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

This week the challenge is to make a Slimline Card.

We are showcasing Whimsy Stamps this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some we would love to see what you make! As always for entering you will be elegible to be entered into the drawing for a $25 voucher to the Simon store!

I have chosen to make a fun birthday mini-slimline card using the Whimsy Stamps Diagonal Dot embossing folder for the background. 

I love to make mini-slimline cards. I think they are the perfect size. I cut down out of smooth white card stock a card base measuring 3 1/4 by 6 1/4. I then cut down a panel out of the same card stock to ink blend with some soft rainbow of oxide inks. I used squeezed lemonade, carved pumpkin, kitsch flamingo, wilted violet, savlaged patina and cracked pistachio.


I then ran the panel through the die cut machine inside of the embossing folder to give the colorful background some fun texture. I just love the circles! I then die cut the word happy from more smooth white cardstock and layered it onto a vellum outline die so you can still see the colorful background.


I took some Fog card stock and stamped the word birthday using Versamark ink and heat embossed it with white powder for an over all soft look. I adhered the happy and vellum background with liquid glue. I popped up the birthday sentiment with some foam adhesive and added some flat back pearls to accent.

I hope you got some inspiration to enter the challenge. I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with! All the products and links are listed below and can be found in the Simon Says Stamp store.

Supplies used:

 So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too.






You have until Wed  8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in





1 comment:

  1. This card is so cheery and fun from the rainbow to the great circle embossing! Thank you so much for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete