Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Simon Says Stamp Hoppy Days 2022 March Card Kit

 When I saw this card kit I just couldn't wait to make an Spring/Easter card with it! It's been such a rough winter here where I live. I am so ready to see snow melt away, green grass to grow and see blooms on trees! This kit has so many wonderful elements to it! If you are interested in seeing all the goodies in this kit, please click HERE.



Here is my first project I made using the kit's adorable stamp set. I stamped the bunnies onto some smooth white card stock using Antique Linen distress ink. I stamped it very lightly because I wanted a no-line look to my coloring. I then used Prisma colored pencils to color the bunnies. I used some light shades of gray so the bunnies would still apear to be white. I did used some pink for the insides of their ears and noses.

I then fussy cut them out and set them aside. I then die cut the arch shape out of the pattern paper included in the kit. I aslo used the same arch die to cut the grass out of green card stock. I used a bit of Pumice Stone distress ink to sponge all the edges of the arches. I then die cut the word blessed out of white card stock and out of fun foam to pop it up. I stamped and embossed the sentiment strip in Guava pink ink. I was able to emboss the sentiment because the ink stayed wet so I could add clear embossing powder to heat emboss it for a bit of shine.

To finish off this card I added the cotton tails with a bit of glue and a pink heart with some sparkle at the top of the arch between the two bunnies. I hope you find it adorable! I hope to make many cute projects with this kit!

All the products I used to make this card can be found at the Simon Says Stamp store.
I have provided a supply list with links below. Thanks for stopping by!!



No comments:

Post a Comment