Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Simon Says Stamp Use Craft Dies (DieCember)

Hi all and welcome to another week of the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

This week's challenge theme is Use Craft Dies (DieCember)

We are featuring exclusive products from Simon Says Stamp. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some we would love to see what you make! As always just for entering you will be eligible for the the drawing of a $25 voucher to the Simon store!
It's my favorite time of the year! DieCember!! If I had to choose one medium to be my favorite I would definitely choose dies. Dies are so versatile and amazing for adding texture to projects. Just so many good things about dies! No one does dies like Simon Says Stamp! I made two projects today for this challenge.
Both projects will showcases the Ornament Tags die set from the new DieCember release.
I made this card using an A2 size card base from smooth white cardstock. I then die cut a stitched rectangle from a piece of cream cardstock to leave a bit of a border.
I then cut the ornaments from the tag die set from light blue, red and yellow cardstock. Also, the shapes that will be placed in the middle of each ornament and glued them on. I arranged them on the cream panel but before I adhered them on I heat embossed the sentiment using silver embossing powder.
I die cut the ornaments one more time from silver cardstock and trimmed off just the tops and adhered them to the ornaments to give them some dimension.
Last, I added a bow made from silver twine to the tops of each ornament with a bit of liquid glue.
Next, I wanted to make a monochromatic card. I stenciled a buffalo check pattern onto a piece of white cardstock using distress ink.
I die cut the ornament from white cardstock and ink blended it using distress ink and adhered the snowflake to the center. I added a bit of stickles to the snowflake for sparkle.
I also used the Pointy Pine Needle Sprig die cut from white cardstock.  I stamped a sentiment from the Making Spirits Bright stamp set and used the coordinating die to cut it out. I embossed it using blue ink and heat set it with pearl embossing powder and added a few sequins for extra shine and sparkle.

I hope you have enjoyed the projects I have made using some of the dies from the amazing new DieCember release. I have listed and linked all the products I used for your convenience. Thank you so much for stopping by!!

Supplies:
Now it's your turn! Happy crafting!

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too.






You have until Wed  8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in

2 comments:

  1. I love the simple elegance of this card, and the color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card .. I like how you use blue colors for that monochromatic look.

    ReplyDelete