Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Picket Fence Studios Make Your Own Background

Hi all and welcome to another week of the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

This week the challenge theme is Make Your Own Background!

We are showcasing Picket Fence Studios products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some we would love to see what you make! As always just for entering you will be eligible for the the drawing of a $25 voucher to the Simon store!
I wanted to make a fun, bright and sparkly background to showcase the beautiful butterfly stamps from the July Simon Says Stamp card kit.
I just love making cards with lots of color. This card is definetly colorful! There is just no limit to making your own backgrounds for cards these days. So many wonderful products out there to create with.
I made this card using an A2 size card base made from smooth white card stock. I then cut a panel of white card stock a bit smaller to leave a border and ink blended a rainbow of colors. I started from the top corner and when to the bottom corner.  Using a background stamp and the shiny paper glitz and some clear embossing powder I created a light pattern on the panel. I then stamped the butterfly 6 times using clear embossing powder and heat set that. I then colored the butterflies using the same inks I used for the background. 
I then mixed some more of that paper glitz into white acrylic paint and added it to the bodies of the butterflies. I used some stickles on the wings for some sparkle. I stamped the sentiment in more ink I used for the background and butterflies. and used a sentiment stip die to cut it out.

I hope you enjoyed the card I made today and if you are interested in any of the products I used, they are listed and linked below for your convenience. All supplies can be found at the Simon Says Stamp store.

Supplies:

***If any product is out of stock just click on the "Notify Me" button and you will alert Simon to restock that product and then they will notify you!

Now it's you turn! Happy crafting!

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too.






You have until Wed  8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in

 













No comments:

Post a Comment