Thursday, May 26, 2022

Simon Says Stamp Strawberry card - Yay You release

One of my favorite stamp sets from the Simon Says Stamp Yay You release has to be the Strawbeary stamp set designed byAlberto Gava. If you are familiar with Alberto's posts on Instagram you know that he is an artist and has amasing copic coloring skills. I just fell in love with the adorable little bears and thought it was so fun to have them paired up with strawberries!
My card is just a simple scene with with the little bear cubs frolicking around a stawberry patch. So perfect for the warm upcoming months.
I made this card using a top folding A2 size card base made from smooth white card stock. Using a stitched rectangle die I cut a panel out of more white card stock and then die cut a stitched circle out of the upper middle of the panel.
On the card base where the opening of the cirle would show through, I used some pale blue distress ink for a sky background. Using the MISTI tool I stamped out all the images from the stamp set that I wanted to use for my scene. I stamped them using a copic friendly black ink. I then colored them using the following copics: Bears E30, E31, E34 and R20 for the cheeks, ears and the flowers as well.  Strawberries R17, R37 and R 89. Leaves YG17 and YG25. I used a white gel pen for some highlight detail. I then fussy cut them all out and arranged them using foam adhesive in the center of the circles.
Last, I actually made two cards with two different sentiments all from the same set. Each sentiment was heat embossed using black and red pigment ink and some clear embossing powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment