Monday, April 11, 2022

Hello Gorgeous Mother's Day Card

I wanted to share another card I made with the Simon Says Stamp new Hello Gorgeous release.
Mother's day is coming up and I love making cards for this very special day. 

My daughter was the inspriation for this card. She has always been the sunshine in my life. She will be celebrating her 2nd year as a mother and I couldn't be more proud of her! She is such a wonderful mommy to her beautiful son.  
I made this card using a top folding A2 size card base out of white cardstock. I then cut a panel from the same cardstock a bit smaller than the cardbase to leave a border. I took that panel and ink blended it using my favorite distress oxides. I then added a stencil over the panel and ink blended those same colors just using a bit more pressure so they would appear darker. Before pulling up the stencil I added some texture glaze using a pallet knife. I then pulled up the stencil and let the panel dry. I then die cut the leaves from vellum paper and ahered down with a dab of glue. Next, I die cut the word mom out of silver card stock and the base out of white card stock. I popped up the word mom using some foam adhesive and adhered it all ontop of the leaves. I then inked and embossed the sentiment using white embossing powder on a colored piece of cardstock. Too finish off the card I added some silver flat backed pearls.

No comments:

Post a Comment